LibraIRC.net Forums

Full Version: What do we really see ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One day a Professor asked his students to prepare for a surprise test.

He handed out the question paper, with the text facing down as usual.

Once he handed them all out, he asked his students to turn the page and begin.

To everyone's surprise, there were no questions just a black dot in the centre of the paper.

The Professor then said ' I want you to write what you see there '.

The students confused, got started on the inexplicable task.

At the end of the class the Professor read each one of them aloud in front of all students.

All of then, with no exceptions, described the black dot, trying to explain its position in the middle of the sheet, etc. After all had been read, the classroom silent, the professor began to explain.

I am not going to grade on you this, I just wanted to give you something to think about .

No one wrote about the white part of the paper.

Everyone focused on the black dot and the same happens in our lives. We always focus on the dark spots.

Our life is a gift given to us by Gods, with love and care, and we always have reasons to celebrate.

However we insist on focusing only on the dark spots, the health issues that bother us, the lack of money, the complicated relationship. the disappointment with friends, what we do believe  and what you believe we see , etc.

He continued ' The dark spots are very small compared to everything we have in our lives but they are the ones that pollute our minds.

Take your eyes away from the black spots in your life.

Enjoy each one of your blessing, each moment that life gives you.

Be happy and live a life positively !

thank you for reading it , you are free to make any comment

Knight_Errant
As Helen Keller said, "Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see the shadow."

Kinnaird

Pessimism seems all too pervasive. A multitude seem to take so many of the good things for granted. The good things we have can be taken from us in the blink of an eye. Better to celebrate the good rather than the negatives.
"Life is what it is for each of us, what you do with it is what counts the most"