Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ch Ch Ch Changes
I enjoy reading about the workings and news of the network, and like many who have registered on this forum have not typically posted anything.  I still like to be "in the know".  Smile

With time the network changes, and so I would like to see more announcements that show some of these (hopefully) positive changes being shared with the general public.  For example, a while back, there was a post regarding the rooms that are officially operated by the libra.irc team.  Have any official rooms been added or deleted.

Also, I noticed recently that George hasn't been around a lot and that he is no longer an IrcOp. I do not really need to know personal reasons, but for me, I would like to know of changes to the team. Is there a listing of the current IrcOps, chanops, global ops that would be updated so that I (we) can know who is running the show?

Thanks

Jadok

Hi Jadok for a list of current IRCops GlobalOps ChanOps and Helpers just go to Members up top on forums and click on Positions and you will see the individual roles. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Sicilia. That is helpful.  Two questions  related to your reply and the forum....

1. Are all team members (ircops, chanops, globalops, and helpops) required to be registered in the forums? (Which would make your method a complete listing. If not, then the list would not be complete.)  I know, for example, that the picture forum does not include all current team members.

2.  Is there a way for average chatters who are not registered members of the forum to also gain this information?  Perhaps a push to advertise the benefits of the forum to all registered chatters would be useful to the network as a whole.  Just a thought Smile
(11-05-2016, 05:41 AM)Jadok link Wrote: Thanks, Sicilia. That is helpful.  Two questions  related to your reply and the forum....

1. Are all team members (ircops, chanops, globalops, and helpops) required to be registered in the forums? (Which would make your method a complete listing. If not, then the list would not be complete.)  I know, for example, that the picture forum does not include all current team members.

Yes all our Team Members IRCops, GlobalOps, ChanOps, Helpers and even our Djays must be registered on our forums, it allows them access to different areas and therefore the current list that you see includes all.

2.  Is there a way for average chatters who are not registered members of the forum to also gain this information?  Perhaps a push to advertise the benefits of the forum to all registered chatters would be useful to the network as a whole.  Just a thought Smile

In all our public channels we do have our site and from there users have access to the forums site and also on our /motd it shows our forum site which is where our TOS can be found.
Thanks for your patience Smile

I was thinking more along the lines of a chat room posting that encouraged chatters to access the forums.  I know that many do not read the topics very carefully.
(11-05-2016, 06:41 AM)Jadok link Wrote: I was thinking more along the lines of a chat room posting that encouraged chatters to access the forums.  I know that many do not read the topics very carefully.

I think actually that's a good idea Jadok and the IRCop team will discuss this at our next team meeting

How are you anyway? Still looking after one of the first rooms I joined when entered ICQ as a teen I see! I'm sure that both Nick and Quintin (where ever they maybe) would be pleased at the way you have taken care of those rooms.

Ch Ch Ch changes ...... from David Bowie ? lol

Have a good day Jadok, we will feedback to you re your idea about the forums being placed in the topics.

Mark
I have fixed permission to Guests be able to check member groups.
Have any official rooms been added or deleted. Not yet but we also think of placing privately owned channels on our web pages if they are building little chatty room and follow network rules properly.
As forums has been changed we have the team page at the end of index of forum which leads you to http://librairc.net/forums/showteam.php Smile