Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oh Rats!
My net was recently down this week, when I phoned the tech guy told me the cables had been chewed by rats then he laughed. I thought it was just a wind up it seems it wasn't lol

From a page link......

Rats Chew Fiber Optic Wires, Take Down Internet Access

Oh rats! No really….rats in Scotland have developed a taste for the underground fiber optic cable and caused outages in several areas early this week. It is rumored that Virgin Media has brought a troop of Cats of Unusual Size to defend the fiber optic line with the Pied Piper as backup big grin

We’ve now put additional measures in place to prevent further damage to our cables to avoid further disruption for our customers.
Love Me , Hate Me, I'll still be ME in the morning
what a story lmao
You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
Oh! that's really a sad news, i hope your internet will be back online again.
I would consider it an absolute HOWLER to be able to kick MaRk ... just once, anyone wishing to conspire contact me in #newbies when you have the necessary permissions set up. You KNOW it will be funny!

eh_one
Smile does the optic fibre come with fries....
no Just a sauce ( auto speeling ckre changes to " electric Source"
)
damn rats..
Opppsss

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Often, Its not what you say - but how it is read.
I knew rats chewed wires but DANG!!! Libra what a story..
The incident was long time ago , but not sure what method did she follow, we are waiting for the technical report

Proposed Methods :

Libra, A thought, Go Wifi lol :-P
think having a mouse living in my speaker now Big Grin
    All good thugs, must come to an end..     Sleepy  
If mrpanda radio DJ has a squeak in his radio voice maybe try  tying a brick on OR find out  what your mouse gets up to at night Big Grin

(09-12-2016, 12:24 PM)redi Wrote: If mrpanda radio DJ has a squeak in his radio voice maybe try  tying a brick on OR find out  what your mouse gets up to at night Big Grin

bleep bleep Angel
    All good thugs, must come to an end..     Sleepy  
(28-12-2011, 09:49 AM)eh_one Wrote: I would consider it an absolute comparateur assurance chat HOWLER to be able to kick MaRk ... just once, anyone wishing to conspire contact me in #newbies when you have the necessary permissions set up. You KNOW it will be funny!

eh_one

Hello,
Thanks for the information!
I hope I find pleasure!
(08-11-2017, 09:23 AM)leonaD006 Wrote:
(28-12-2011, 09:49 AM)eh_one Wrote: I would consider it an absolute comparateur assurance chat HOWLER to be able to kick MaRk ... just once, anyone wishing to conspire contact me in #newbies when you have the necessary permissions set up. You KNOW it will be funny!

eh_one

Hello,
Thanks for the information!
I hope I find pleasure!

interesting!! I GET AN EMAIL to look at this forum post after being away for nearly 11 months, do we have a newly updated forum? as this is around 2 years old

yeah i know i have been on our NBN for the last 6 months supposedly we get super high speed internet. like heck  Sad ... this week the speeds are worse than the days of Dial up , if anyone remembers those days
I guess it is possible we have been invaded with Scottish rats in the fibreoptic cable.
 maybe i will get time to visit at some time in the new year