Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Commands
User Commands:-
The following commands could be done by the simple users (You don't have to be an Op) which means they are  for all the users.

TIP: Please notice that Parameters which are inside <> brackets are mandatory while parameters which are inside [] brackets are optional, And while the speech which inside "" is your talking. (Do NOT forget to deny all brackets, They are only for the Explanation).

To display the administrative information for the given server, TIP: If you omitted the server name, then the command will provide information about the server to which you are connected.
Code:
/admin [server]

To display information about the server that you are connected to including up time, address and version.
Code:
/info

To show all the servers currently linked together on the network.
Code:
/links

To display the current local time and date of the server to which you are connected.
Code:
/time

To display the current "Message Of The Day" for the server that you are into.
Code:
/motd

To change your current nickname to the given nick.
Code:
/nick <YourNewNick>

To show short information about the given nickname.
Code:
/who <Nickname>

To show information about the given nickname.
Code:
/whois <Nickname>

To show information about the given nickname whom is no longer connected.
Code:
/whowas <Nickname>

To check whether the given nicknames are currently connected.
Code:
/ison <Nickname1> [Nickname2]

To view the user@host information for given nicknames.
Code:
/userhost <Nickname1> [Nickname2]

The command /list  views currently available channels matching your search. Examples:-
  • To view all currently available channels, (except the channels are marked as secret/private).
Code:
/list
  • To view all currently available channels, which contain from 10 to 20 users.
Code:
/list -min 10 -max 20
  • To view a particular channel, such as #Newbies.
Code:
/list #Newbies
  • To view all currently available channels which have the word "friend" in their name.
Code:
/list *friend*

The command /join Enters you an existing channel, or creates a new channel if the given name doesn't exist (Probably you might need it to create a new channel for your own, as you'll be automatically Oped in it). Examples -
  • To open a specific channel you know about, such as #Newbies.
Code:
/join #Newbies
  • To open a channel as it doesn't exist and you want it for yourself.
(You might need to know how to register a channel http://chanops.org/community/services-he...a-channel/).
Code:
/join #MyTestChannel

To return a list of users on the given channel. (You must be at the given channel to perform this command).
Code:
/names #Channel

The command /me To tell the current channel/query about what you are doing, as a sopt.
Code:
/me "is Laughing out loud"

To tell all channels those you are at, and all at one time about what you are doing, as a sopt.
Code:
/ame "is Having Dinner, BRB"

The command /msg allows you to send a message to the given #channel, Or to start a private with the given nickname.
Code:
/msg <Nickname|#Channel> "YourMessage"

To send a message to all channels those you are at, all at one time.
Code:
/amsg "YourMessage"

Also the command /privmsg does the same as /msg , but only to private message the given nickname.
Code:
/privmsg <Nickname> "YouMessage>

The command /notice Allows you to whisper some nick at the channel (No one could see your notice, only the given nivkname). TIP: you can notice channels without being on them only if they don't have +n mode set on.
Code:
/notice <Nickname|#channel> "YourNotice"

To invite the given nick to the given channel.
Code:
/invite <Nickname> <#Channel>

To leave a message explaining that you are not currently paying attention to IRC. (Whenever someone sends you a message, Or does the command /whois on you, They automatically see whatever message you set ).
Code:
/away [<YourMessage>]

To mark your nick as no longer being away, (Back), If you are already done the command away.
Code:
/away

To re-join a channel that you are already at, (Leave and re-join).
Code:
/cycle [#Channel]

The command /part Allows you to leave/close the channel that you are at. Examples:-
  • To close the currently channel that you are at
Code:
/part
  • To close the currently channel while giving a reason
Code:
/part [YourReason]
  • To close a particular channel or more than channel that you are at.
Code:
/part <#Channel> [#Channel]

To disconnect yourself and mark you as no longer logged, With a reason or a message for people who are on the same channels as you.
Code:
/quit [YourReason]

The command /mode such a powerful command gives you control of your own mode, (Please remember that +modechar will enable the mode while -modechar will set this mode off).
TIP: For a complete preview, Please check this http://chanops.org/community/services-help/user-modes/
Code:
/mode <YourNickName> <+|-modechar>

TIP: Ehem!... That's not everything, And as I said "The previous commands could be done by the simple users" Which means there are some enormous commands STILL!. ^^

BAKKASH
Jus be ur SELF, 'cuz everyone else is already TAKEN!.
Hello BAKKASH,

I guess some commands are for irc client instead of ircd ? Check them please because, not all client commands works same on different irc clients Smile

Good post, thanks for sharing Smile
Hey immortal, Aye!.. and Thanks tho

So long as i thot i put 'em onto the "IRC Discussions"

Would you please gimme a hint about some definite cmds ^^
anick and partall atm i think of, you can check the others by /helpop <command> Smile
Exactly!.. as i was wonderin' about some cmds already if they would work with everyone!

Well... and Thanks immortal.. AGAIN! ^^

I DO feel like modify it. Plus no doubt it's a good post tho  :-[

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User Modes Omar 1 2,460 23-04-2020, 01:13 PM
Last Post: immortal
  NickServ Commands IrCQ-Net 5 3,184 11-08-2013, 04:48 AM
Last Post: IrCQ-Net
  ChanServ Commands Flags [3mr] 4 3,479 05-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Last Post: IrCQ-Net
  MemoServ Commands BAKKASH 2 2,537 23-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Last Post: BAKKASH